I recently finished a freelance project for the Wisconsin State Curling Association in which they received a completely redesigned website with new features too! The site was originally maintained by a former colleague of mine and he passed it on down to me for the new design and upgrade to the CMS that the old site was using.
Development for the new site came in just a bit under 40 hours of work, and released into the wild in early July 2015. Big shout out to the two points of contact from WSCA, Mark and Jeremy, who were great to work with during the development phase. Great communication with them regarding questions, comments, and any feedback which made the process smooth and painless.
Here are some details on the development of the new site:
- Made sure that the old content remained intact when I upgraded the site from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7.
- Implemented Bootstrap for a mobile-friendly viewing on mobile devices too.
- Fix broken features that weren’t working on the old site.
- Upgrade, add, and/or replace contributed modules when I upgrade Drupal core to 7.
- Provide a better user experience for users and admins with a new design.
Check out the site at http://www.wi-curling.org!